Other than Sethan village, we also offer packages for those who want to learn snowboarding or skiing in Manali.
Where in Manali? In Solang Valley.
Two of the key differences between learning skiing in Manali vs learning skiing in Sethan are…
- Sethan is comparatively less crowded, making it a better place for beginners to learn.
- Sethan, however, doesn’t have a ski lift. In Manali, you get a ski lift, making the overall learning process easier and quicker.
Click here to check our Sethan Packages.
Because of the ski lift, it is possible to do an advanced skiing course in Manali. In Sethan, we only have a basic course available.
There are two different packages available for learning snowboarding or skiing in Manali: a basic ski/snowboarding course, an advanced ski/snowboarding course.
- Basic Course (5 Days): If you are a beginner and would love to understand the first steps required in the activity, you can select the basic snowboarding course where you will be introduced to all the equipment and the less challenging paths.
- Advanced Course (9 Days): If you would like to experiment with the trickier sessions of snowboarding and skiing, then there is the advanced snowboarding course for 9 days which will take you to much higher altitudes and multiple challenges.
3400 Rs per day per person for the equipment and the instructor, if you are managing your stay yourself. Pay per day and learn for as many days as you want. A minimum of 2 people are required. We can also help find you accommodation. Please contact on whatsapp at 8800763430 to book.
If you want to learn snowboarding or skiing like a professional, choose from our Basic/Advance full-board plans, and itineraries mentioned below…
For Basic Manali Skiing/Snowboarding Course
- INR 15,500 per person for a group size bigger than 7 people.
- INR 16,400 per person for a group size of 4 to 7 people.
- INR 18,000 per person for a group size of 2 to 3 people.
For Advanced Manali Skiing/Snowboarding Course
- 25,000 per person for a group size bigger than 7 people.
- 27,100 per person for a group size of 4 to 7 people.
- 29,000 per person for a group size of 2 to 3 people.
Day 1 – Upon arriving at the location in Manali, all the participants would get the ski (or the snowboard) and shoes as per their compatibility. Afterwards, you will get an orientation course that includes basic lessons on how to be comfortable on the board.
Day 2 – Today, you will learn how to balance on a snowboard or a ski, turn or push brakes and other related techniques from the instructor. The first two days are the basic orientation of the snowboarding or skiing equipment. These two days are very important for beginners. And since our instructors include national level skiing or snowboarding champions we know exactly how to train our students.
Day 3 – In the morning, you would be taken to a bunny hill (good luck chaps, today you are going to put all you have learned so far in the field) with a slight slope where you will start snowboarding or skiing downhill. This is the time you can practice the lessons you learnt the previous days.
Day 4 – Today, you will be going to experience a ride from the beginner slope. An assistant instructor would help you ride downhill by leading from the front and the head instructor would assess each of you at the back. If there is no head instructor at the back don’t worry, you don’t need to be assessed you are doing great. By the end of today, you can be confident enough to partake in a decent ride with confidence.
Day 5 – On day 5, you would be at the level of participating on any beginner-level slopes. After a free run, you will be led to a more challenging slope where you get to know in detail how to cross the challenges in the terrain.
For those who opted for the basic course, Day 5 concludes their training lessons.
Advanced snowboarding consists of five days of the basic course and another four days. So let’s begin from Day 6 in the Advanced snowboarding course.
Day 6 – Today, you would be taken to indulge in high-altitude snowboarding at 3200 meters. En route, you would be facing multiple levels of challenges but with this ride, you will understand how to tackle backcountry slopes.
Day 7 – It is the day for you to perfect the skills that you have acquired. You would be taken to much higher altitudes to tackle more challenging trails. The main instructor will be monitoring you to give you feedback.
Day 8 – Backcountry snowboarding or skiing would be taught today; the necessary techniques and points to be remembered would be explained today. You will get lessons in everything from beacon to rescue training.
Day 9 – Hike to an advanced level peak at 4200 meters in the morning along with your equipment. Then you can partake in a free run of 45 minutes to 1 hour. By the end of the day, you will feel perfect in advanced snowboarding.
Accommodation on sharing basis.
- Qualified instructor
- Instructor’s fee
- Snowboarding equipment
- Manali to our accommodation transfers.
- Other personal expenses
Things To Carry
- Warm clothes
- Comfortable footwear
- Trekking shoes
- Personal medical kit
Transportation would be provided wherever necessary (from the guesthouse to the snowboarding site and back).
- If cancellations are made 30 days before the start date of the trip, 25% of the total tour cost will be charged as cancellation fees.
- If cancellations are made 15-30 days before the start date of the trip, 50% of the total tour cost will be charged as cancellation fees.
- If cancellations are made within 0-15 days before the start date of the trip, 100% of the total tour cost will be charged as cancellation fees.
To enquire, please WhatsApp 8800763430 with details including the PACKAGE YOU WANT (BASIC COURSE OR PER DAY BASIS), NUMBER OF PEOPLE, AND DATES TRAVELLING.
OR FILL OUT THE FORM BELOW…